Welcome to the Real World Sucker! - 2

Don't know how time flew by. The next day I was conscious about my timeline, I was in Class X. WTF?! How did I grew up so fast? Didn't really got time to enjoy much. I was working hard to impress my parents, relatives and teachers with my academic results. I kept good relations with my friends but always avoided any sort of party or get-together. I always hated the crowd, preferred to stay in solitude. This got embedded in me so deeply that I failed to socialize well in the coming days. No regrets though.

I never got marks above 87% in my school, no matter how hard I tried. Thank you Dear School! This made a perfect scenario for my parents to compare me with those who scored better. I failed to cross the 90s barrier in my mock exam too. That me really desperate. Now I don't have any more exams left except the Board exams. Now I started praying like hell to the 'being'. Help me to pass the exams with a good score so that, at least, I won't be compared with others for the rest of my life. 

The Day of Result Declaration...Glued to the screen of my computer screen, I wait anxiously for the results to come. Damn net betrayed me the last moment. One of my friends called to inquire about my marks. I told him to check mine and tell me and gave him my details. My heart beat started to accelerate slowly. The longer he took to reply, the more panicky I grew. Finally those words came as showers of dewdrops!... You've got 95% buddy! Congrats!!

Going back a few days... It was time to get admitted to a new school for Class XI. There was this school where my cousin studied previously which was portrayed as the best school in the state. Easy to believe too as the results of the students it published will convince anyone. As luck would have it and also due to the being's blessings, I got admitted there.

I never knew life beyond my city... Now I got to know what competition was... Always studying for others and never of myself, I fared bad right from the start.

To be continued....

Comments

Popular Posts