Welcome to the Real World Sucker! - 1

In my childhood I was a dickhead. I was a sadist who loved to see others being hurt. I loved to put people in trouble. I accused others without hesitation and loved to talk dirty behind others' backs. Somehow this went on without me getting killed Karma's a bitch. Though, I received a permanent scar above my lip perhaps as a warning, a scar I got from an injury in my childhood.

I never knew life beyond my city.... I was happy being a bully of some kind in my life. Oh how the other kids hated me! 
During all these years I saw everyone worshipping and chanting names of a person all the time. Never a rationalist, I was taken in by all of them and believed whatever they said. I too started to worship that being. 

 I fell into the flock and followed blindly...

Day by day I could feel his presence. I couldn't identify him distinctly amidst the ever increasing crowd but I somehow knew all my actions are being watched. So I stopped being the bad guy.

Too easy to believe external stuff.

From seventh grade, I got into reading books. No not those bulky school text books... I hated those. I was not an avid reader since I didn't have the fortune of having easy-to-convince parents but whatever I got, I read completely. These few books changed me and my perception of life. I wanted to see myself as a principled and disciplined guy. I wanted everyone to respect me and whatever work that I did. I wanted to be in everyone's mind and heart.

 I changed myself.

To earn respect, first give respect. A common proverb. Gradually, I apologised to all those who I had hurt by helping them in their bad times. I stopped complaining about people, I became friends with almost my entire batch of classmates. I worked so hard upon my character that no one could point a finger on me about anything. I was praised and applauded for whatever good thing that I did. My first achievement. 
The 'being' that I worshiped was rumoured to be all powerful and all forgiving. I thought he had forgiven my for my past and had accepted me. I never told anyone but I can actually communicate with him. Whenever I had a doubt in my mind and asked him, I got the answer within the same day, sometimes even just after a few moments. No matter how subtle the message was I always deciphered it and thus guided my decisions...

To be continued....


Comments

Popular Posts